Saturday, May 4, 2019

Baba, to you.

Baba,

You shouldn't have left me alone in this world.

You should have lived.

Lived for me,  for me alone,  a few more years.

People stopped caring after you went.

Once the near ones stopped asking how I am.

They say a lot.

They say you never cared.

They say you thought me worthless,  useless.

That's why you gave me up so soon.

Is that true baba?

You just got rid of me?

You never believed I could do anything else with my life?

Did I disappoint you?

But you know I am disappointed with myself .

This is not the me that I dreamt of.

I too wanted to fulfill your dreams , to be an independent lady,  only if you were by my side.

You know baba,  there are so many things I never let you know.

You asked me,  but I never said.

I never wanted to make you sad.

Is that not my strength?

Is that my weakness?

They say because I lack the mental strength.

Baba you know now I lack the physical strength too.

I am fading too soon.

My days may be numbered.

But before that I want to see my children happy.

Then one day ,  just as olden days , we will sit face to face.

With many untold stories to tell.

With many questions that are yet to be asked.

With many answers that I am yet to receive.

And with a cup of tea in our hands perhaps.

Just like some good old days.









2 comments:

  1. A Dad's daughter writes to her Baba. Unique indeed, but I am sure your Baba will not be happy to see your worries in absence of Him. There should not be any third party between you and your Baba. Anybody can tell anything, please do not hurt yourself, ignore those words.
    Live yourself, live in present, do your best to your nearest ones and surrounding., take full breathe, relax, everything fall into their place.
    Please take care yourself, it will honor your Baba. He will be happy to see that His tiny "...." signs like moon.

    ReplyDelete